Are you a top student, studying for a master’s degree? Are you available for 5-6 months? And would you like to assist us help the world reducing CO2 emissions by supporting realization of more offshore wind projects?? If yes, we can offer a challenging internship, with the best colleagues and an opportunity to develop your skills in a truly international environment.
We offer an internship as part of a world leading team of metocean and hydraulic specialists. At DHI, we have been contributing to more than 85% of all offshore wind projects in the world. We value your growth in different technical aspects and help you achieve ambitious goals.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, structured and ambitious student to be part of our Ports and Offshore Technology Department at our headquarters in Hørsholm, Denmark.
As an intern, you'll be undertaking modelling (using our in-house software MIKE and other opensource models such as WRF) and statistical analysis of meteorological and oceanographic processes to support establishing data suitable for design and operation of offshore wind turbines worldwide. You will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge under supervision of our experts and learn more about real-life projects and our client’s needs to serve the offshore wind industry.
We are dedicated to providing the right candidate with the training needed to take an active part in our team and grow their expertise.Responsibilities
• Learning the basics and foundations for oceanic phenomena by doing research and
receiving help from our domain experts
• Numerical modelling using MIKE Powered by DHI or Weather Research and Forecasting
• Data processing using Matlab or Python
• Gathering measurement data and make comparisons against the model results
• Reporting the data basis, modelling and resultsQualifications
The students we select are obligated to have good grades. You are self-driven, curious, eager to learn and keen to challenge yourself with new tasks in a fast pace and quality driven environment.
You are about to start or has recently started on your M.Sc. program and have an outstanding academic track record.
We are looking for candidates on a rolling basis, meaning that depending on our needs, we are looking for candidates who fulfil some/most of the below qualifications:
• You are studying for a master’s degree
• Basic knowledge of meteorological and oceanographic phenomena (wind, waves etc.)
• Strong ability to work independently while still being a team player
• Good programming skills in Matlab (or Python or similar)
• Good communication and report writing skills in English
• Basic experience with compiling and using Weather Research software such as WRF
• Good knowledge in Linux/Unix and some experience in Shell We offer
To work at DHI means being part of an organization that is the global leader in solving the world’s toughest challenges in water environment. We appreciate creativity and provide you with room to grow. We will offer you:
• A dynamic working environment
• Flexible working conditions incl. possibility to work from home
• A great opportunity to utilise, shape and expand your skills and expertise
• A job in an informal and truly international environment
• A team of highly specialized and dedicated colleagues
• Internship of 5-6 monthsOffice location
Hørsholm, Denmark - 25 km north of Copenhagen.
You will have the chance to live in one of the most liveable capitals in the world. Public transport makes it very easy to reach our office.Application / next step
Please submit your application including cover letter, CV and transcript of grades on DHI’s website:http://www.dhigroup.com/careers
There is no deadline for this position. We hire on a rolling basis and depending on our workflow. On average, in the Ports and Offshore Technology Department, we hire 2-3 interns per year.